Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Caved

So here I am, finally climbing onto the blog bandwagon. Confession: I've actually had this blog for a month but couldn't decide if I really wanted to use it or not. I kept weighing the pros and cons, but I finally realized how relaxing it is for me to write, so here I am.

First, an understanding with anyone who reads this. Much of my writing may tend to fall to the extremes of really depressed or really happy. That does not mean it necessarily reflects how I think all of the time. This is an outlet for my thoughts, thoughts that may exist for only a short time and it just happens to be the time I am writing. Also, my family tells me I tend to exaggerate stories. But seriously, who wants to hear a boring story? So just bear with me.

I've called my blog (for the time being) reflections at gloaming. This is because after my busy day, I usually begin to wind down at twilight. As I try to forget about the busyness and stress of the day, random thoughts begin filling my head. Maybe it's like this for everyone, I don't know. But I mull over these thoughts throughout the evening as I work and get dinner, and by nighttime I'm ready to get them out of my head so I can fully relax and go to sleep. So please, be patient with the randomness and, at times, irrelevant musings. Fontenelle said it well:

"The day doesn't inspire sadness and passion like the night, when everything seems to be at rest. We imagine that the stars move more quietly than the sun; everything is softer than starlight; we can fix our eyes more comfortably on the heavens; our thoughts are freer because we're so foolish as to imagine ourselves the only ones abroad to dream. Besides, in daylight we see nothing but sun and blue sky, but the night gives us all the profusion of stars in a thousand different random designs, stirring as many pleasantly confused thoughts in us."
Bernard le Bovier de Fontenelle

No comments: